Chance and I went to the airshow at Ellington Field on Sunday, so these pictures are a little late. We had fun even though it was a little warm sitting on the concrete all day. We actually bought the seats and were almost sitting at "show center" so we got to see a lot. Our favorite parts of the show were the helicopters and of course the fighter jets. They also did a re-inactment of Pearl Harbor and Veitnam which was kinda neat. They had pyrotechinc that made if seem like the places were really firing missles and there people dressed up and firing guns. It was really neat. Here are a few pictures and I'll post a link at the bottom later for more pictures if you want to see them.





And of course, the whole reason that I wanted to go was for the Thunderbirds. Chance and I got to see the Blue Angels last year in Corpus and now we got to see the Thunderbirds. If you have ever been to an airshow with fighter jets, it's really hard to take pictures of them... you're looking into the sun and by the time you find them in your camera viewer to zoom in on them and let your camera do it's auto focus ~ they are GONE. I did get a few good ones. Of couse the tallest guy at the show had the seat in front of me which I had to ask to please sit down. There are signs that state please remain seated, but I guess they just ignore it.



No comments:
Post a Comment