Recent Quick Pictures

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strawberry Girl

Every day is better!   All week last week we had the hardest time getting Little Miss Emilee to drink ANYTHING.  We were lucky to get hardly anything in her as far as liquids and she was barely eating.  We were actually limiting her time outside because we were afraid of her getting dehydrated. She would sip throughout the day and then we would force her to drink an ounce THEN all of a sudden she woke up Saturday morning and decided that it was time to drink something.  I don't know if it was because we were trying Strawberry Pediasure or if she was just hungry...  I think it was the Strawberry flavor.  She drank 5 ounces that morning and then continued to drink throughout the day.  We were so very excited. Then on Sunday morning she drank six ounces. Granny Katie tried to keep track of what she was drinking yesterday (Monday) and it added up to close to 20 ounces!!!  To go from maybe 5 ounces a day to 20...  is a HUGE improvement.  Each day she is playing more and more and getting back to being happier and happier.

These are a few pictures from yesterday while she was playing.

She's looking underneath the toy where the ramp comes out after the cars went down.

I just love her look of concentration



one way of reading a book.  She had just been told 'no' and was whinning, so I was just trying to distract her. =)


Like I said, since Saturday...  she is doing SO MUCH BETTER at drinking from the syringe. She just lays there and drinks..  then watches me refill the syringe and then drinks some more.



I am really looking forward to Thursday/Friday.  Thursday night she will be back to sleeping without anything on her arms/hands and then Friday morning she can have her sippy cup back!!  Hopefully she starts to eat again like she did before.

No comments: