She's already 6 days old.
The day started off really well, Dad got her to eat all of her feeding with the bottle. This is an awesome accomplishment considering that the most that anyone had gotten her to take including the therapist was around 25 ml. DAD WAS OH SO PROUD OF HIMSELF!! Which he has a great reason to be. Dr. McGowan has given us two bottle feeding per day. Dad gets the morning feeding and then they are giving her another one in the afternoon for the Grandma's to learn. For the rest of her feedings, she is getting to nurse, but because we don't think that she is getting adequate breast milk, they increased her tube feeding back to 3/4 in stead of half, which is a set back for me. The breast feedings aren't going as well, but we are still working on that. We aren't giving up on it. Thankfully Dr. McGowan is very supportive of breast feeding, but because of Emilee's Jaw and tongue position, it's not really going well at all. Dr. McGowan did tell us this morning that her Echocardiagram was clear. Which this was good news. Another disappointment this evening is that she lost more weight. She's now down 7 lbs 3.2 ounces from last night of 7 lbs 3.6 ounces. It's not a whole lot, but it's still down. Everyone please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
She got her bath and a new outfit tonight. The Grandma's are keeping her the hit of the nursery with all of her cute outfits and pretty blankets.

Daddy is a great burper.


Well it's 10:30 and I have to be up at 11:30 for her next feeding so I'm going to take a nap. Hope everyone is enjoying the blog.
If you want to kind of read about things that are going on we found a good website with some information on it - It's called Pierre Robin Sequence. http://pierrerobin.org/ There are some other test that have to be done to make sure that this is the correct diagnosis because there is another condition calle Sticker's which from what we understand is the jaw, tongue and palate issue and also includes other problems, so Dr. McGowan is running test to rule that out. He says that it's his job to prove that it's Pierre Robin and not Emilee's job to prove that it's not.

3 comments:
Hey Rachel and Chance,
She looked lovely last night, all bright and cheerful. Thank you for sharing her with us. I wake every morning excited to see more pix of little Emilee
She is more beautiful everyday! She looks so bight-eyed and cheery in these last 2 sets of pictures! JUST BEAUTIFUL! I so wish I was there! Please keep the pictures coming...I love keeping up with little Emilee! And girl...you look amazing! Tell Chance I am very proud of him, looks like he is a natural at the "Daddy" thing! We love you!
Rachel,
She is beautiful!! I love reading the daily updates!!
Dr. McGowan is great - he is a client of mine and from what I can tell, he takes very good care of his little patients (and their parents too!)
Christina
Post a Comment