Emilee had a feeding evaluation at Texas Children's EARLY yesterday morning. Thankfully they saw us not long after we got there because I thought the appointment was at 8:30, so we got there at about 7:30 and then find out that it's not until 9:00... so we were there for the wait. We got in sooner and were leaving the floor by 8:30. The lady that we saw was super nice and enjoyed playing with Emilee. We discussed the issues that we are having when trying to feed her with a spoon because of her PRS. This appointment was scheduled a month ago so she's doing a little better, but we still wanted an opinion from someone who deals with it daily. Basically she just told us to keep offering the food to her. She did say that we already had a lot of information ourselves, which is good from the start. She was probably thinking that I was trying to hard. Not really. =) I laughed at the thought of sippee cups... she said that we could buy any brand that we wanted just remove the valve. HA!! She did mention that we might want to only give her a cup like this when she's in a high chair.. I agree completely. =) But other than that. I didn't want to post with out a few pictures. So I took some of her last night while she was playing with Taylor. I just love how expressive she is with her face. It makes me wonder what she is thinking all the time. She can go from smiling to crying in 0.002 seconds. It's funny. Sometimes you can't tell what she wants to do because it's a little of both. Cracks me up.
OH... and she's getting a tooth. It's trying really hard to completely break through and pop up, but you can feel it every day and it's more prominent in the evenings. =)




3 comments:
I'm glad she's doing so well. She is adorable! We'll be trying a sippy cup here too as soon as we can get one without a valve :)
The sippy cup should be fun. Just like the old days. the pics of Emilee and Taylor were so cute.
Good luck with the sippy cups....pain in the butt..thats all I can say. Playtex has sippy cups that you can remove the valves from. Once the palate is fixed we went to the munckin cups with the silicone spout.
You can also on online and order cups from amazon. We ordered Dora cups that didn't have a valve. Its just a huge mess without valves.
Post a Comment