Recent Quick Pictures

Monday, May 10, 2010

haha

The whole 'no bottle' thing was going pretty well until yesterday, Sunday.  Before her morning nap when she gets her sippy cup ---  she cried really really hard for her bottle.  It made me cry.  She would look at the cup so I would offer it to her but she would just push it away and then look me right in the face and just cry.  I knew exactly what she was crying for but she had been five days without it. So she finally calmed down and fell asleep, but it broke my heart. Then...  today was a new week.  I felt sorry for her so I was going to let her go until Wednesday before I took the afternoon nap one away, but I forgot to tell Granny that, so today Emilee didn't have a bottle all day long until 7:30 tonight....  and she did great. (So Granny says). She loves yogurt, so she ate a whole cup and a half of that for a snack.  She did get her night time bottle before bed time and as soon as I gave it to her...  this is what she did. ***see below picture***  We were "skyping" with my brother so Granny was 'holding' her. =)  We'll see how tomorrow goes while she's home with her daddy. So tonight I packed away all of her bottles except for one. I feel so sorry for her but I think that it's better to do it now as hard as it is.


3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Poor girlie!

Sonya said...

She'll be okay Rachel. I gave Chrissy and her sister sippy cups at 6 mths and took away all bottles.

Melissa said...

I know how tough it is. I HATED not being able to give her a bottle when she wanted one. It is definitly heartbreaking. And we as Moms have no choice but to force the issue at this time because of their surgery. Cassie loved Yo-baby yogurt and I used that in place of a bottle which worked great. Good luck and hang in there!