Recent Quick Pictures

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Big Girl, Sad Mommy

Last night Emilee slept in her big girl crib for the first time. I know, I know... she's seven months old.  But I like having her downstairs.   I guess it's taken me longer to put her there because it's all the way upstairs and she'll be all by herself. (and it's a longer walk to check on her) Not that she knows that just yet, but I do.  The last few nights she has woken up and been standing in her crib looking at me and screaming, so it's time for her to be in her room. =)  I'm sad because that means she getting bigger.  She did wake up for about 45 minutes, but some rocking did the trick and she slept the rest of the night.

After putting her movement monitor under her matress yesterday and then testing it we discovered that we won't be able to use it anymore.  There's something that it's picking up (maybe some type of vibration) and it thinks that there's movement.  So therefore it would be pointless to turn it on if it's not going to alert when there was no movement. So this made me a little nervous because she has slept with it on every night since she has been home. It's become a habit to wake up in the middle of the night and see the little green light blinking with each movement or breath. I know that she'll do just fine with out it but will I? =)




She even woke up happy at 6 this morning.

3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

What a cute crib! She'll be fine. I knwo it's hard to do but Angela sleeps so much better in her crib.

Shelly said...

Ahhh...Congrats to Emilee and Hang in there to her parents. lol

ChristyA said...

Congrats mommy & daddy! You are brave! You are better than me. Blake is 10 months and still in our room. He wakes up so early and I don't want him waking Allyson up, so it is easier to leave him downstairs. I know, I know it is an excuse!