Well... I survived our first day of gymnastics! I say that I survived because the age group that Emilee is in is a "parent and me" class, so there has to be at least one parent with them. We had fun though. The first thing that we got to do was jump. I would have thought that as much as she was begging to 'jump' the last time we were in CNS that she would have been all for it but NO, it took some serious coaxing to get her out there. Of course once she did there was no stopping her. Although she kept wanting to go over where the big kids were warming up and doing cart-wheels. We managed to stay in our own class.
I love the tongue!
Climbing, hanging (from a bar and rings), jumping, front rolls... what more could she ask for. =)
One minor problem was that she wouldn't let the teacher help her AT ALL. If the teacher was there she would shy away and wouldn't go anywhere near her. I actually felt bad for her. She would help all the other little girls and then when it was Emilee's turn she would move away and I would have to help her. We talked about it on the way home about how she had to let the teacher help her because the next class up doesn't allow the parent with them. We are going to have to work on her front rolls because for some reason instead of rolling over she lays down on her belly and army crawls forward.
All in all we had fun. I was sweating at the end of the class. I knew the parents of two of the other two little girls and I am very proud to say that Emilee was very well behaved compared to the other little ones. She is a little on the older end of the age group but she did very well and listened pretty well too. I was proud of her.
1 comment:
Our future Olympian!!! Can't wait to see her next week!
Post a Comment