Sorry for the over a week gap in posts... Where to start... Emilee has been sick since last saturday. It started by her running a low grade fever, we didn't think much of the low grade fever because most people blame that one on babies cutting some teeth. Then on Sunday it went up to 103 before we called the doctor's office and spoke to the nurse practitioner to find out how much tylenol we could give her. The tylenol brought it back down in the 101's but then Sunday night it reached 104.2. So we called the doctor's office again. Tylenol and a visit on Monday. So I called and made her an appointment on Monday. Nothing obvious at the exam so he wanted a urine sample and some bloodwork. They bagged her there in the office for the urine sample and we went next door to see if they could get her blood drawn. They were uncomfortable with drawing her so to the hospital we headed. They were successful in drawing her blood, more because they have no mercy whatsoever, which I know it is their job, but she was digging around for that vein. So we got that all done and headed back home. All Emilee wanted to do was be held. With the temperature that she was running anyone who held her had their own little heater. Then on Tuesday we thought that she was doing good. She was home all day with Daddy and her temperature seemed to be gradually dropping, BUT when I got home from work, I noticed that she was covered in a rash... all over her face, arns and legs. Then at 3:00 am on Wednesday morning she is burning up again with a temp of 103.9. So we had another doctor's appointment on Wednesday which chalked it all up to the Roseola virus. Basically it's symptoms are a high fever for 3-5 days and then they break out in a rash and the rash hangs around for 4-5 days. So we have a little speckled baby for a few days. It's kind of hard to see in the pictures but I tried to get some to document it. =)





2 comments:
At least she still has a little grin on her face :o)
Poor baby girl. I hope she gets better soon!
Post a Comment