Recent Quick Pictures

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Our first ER visit

While enjoying playing in a friend's pool in Katy, Miss Priss slipped and hit her chin on some brick. This happened about noon. It was a really clean, perfect cut that closed when she looked down. We thought that we'd be able to hold it together with some butterfly band-aids. Plus Emilee said "Mama, I need a band-aid" So Chance ran to the store to get them but they didn't have any but he found a 'flexable' band-aid and we put that on it then enjoyed another 5 hours in and out of the pool for the rest of the afternoon. When it was time to get into dry clothes to head home we went to change the band-aid and it was still open completely so we decided to stop by a 24 hour ER before heading home. SHE DID AWESOME!!  She let the nurse weigh her and check her height (she had an extra inch with those flip flops on). Then let her take her temp and blood pressure. The doctor came in, looked at the cut and decided it would be best for stitches. 



The only time that she cried was when she first had to lay down and be held down and her head forced to look at the doctor. That lasted about 10 seconds. She didn't even cry any harder when he started the lidocaine shot. If fact she got SO still that we wondered if she was asleep, but when I ask her if she was sleeping she gave a tiny shake of her head for no. (tiny shake because the nurse was holding her head). She laid still the entire time. SHE DID GREAT! I think that I cried more. When they were done and took the dressings off she said "Can I sit up now?" So she sat up and stayed on the table waiting for a band-aid.

It looks a lot better than this after they cleaned the blood of for her band-aid.


She was being silly because with the location of the stitches it looked like she had whiskers so we were calling her 'Catfish', therefore we got this picture.


A sticker and a band-aid makes it all better. At least she got to have fun all afternoon in the pool because now she can't swim until Friday after we get the stitches out. 


This video is right after the doctor and nurse left while we were waiting on a band-aid. She was being super silly we were beginning to wonder what else was in that numbing shot. =) She was being so silly I grabbed Chance's phone to video it. After a few seconds I turned his phone because I didn't think that it would video in portrait and didn't want the whole thing sideways.. I was wrong so it does turn but you can still see how she was pretending to chew on my leg. Silly Girl. 


When we were walking out to the car we saw a sign for Quiznos.. Perfect.. that's where we could eat before heading home.


Once we were on our way home both girls were out like lights and slept the way home. Swimming is tiring! She could barely stay awake while I was reading her books before bed and I didn't hear a peep out of her once I turned her monitor on. My big girl!  *sniff sniff* She'll be 3 NEXT month.

No comments: