Recent Quick Pictures

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Headed To Cali

Well we headed to Cali for the weekend. It was a LONG day for us. 

Here's how it went -
  • Just as we were pulling into the passenger drop-off at IAH Emilee throws up all over herself and the car seat (we were going to take it).  So while Granny tries to wipe her off and strip her of all of her clothes the airport guy was checking my bag.  Poor Emilee was standing in just a diaper while we got her cleaned up and all I had in the diaper bag was a little dress. 
  • When the airport guy outside checked my bag and printed my boarding pass it didn't print the infant one, so I still had to go inside and find an agent.
  • Emilee didn't like being strapped into her stroller but I didn't dare let her out to run around. So I kept her occupied with snacks.
  • We board the plane...  things are going ok because things are new to her. Our take off time passes along with an extra 30 minutes and we are still at the gate.  Pilot comes on loud speaker to tell us that a "engine problem indicator light is malfunctioning" then tells us that maintenance is working on it. Emilee falls asleep for about 30 more minutes but wakes up before we even leave the gate. Pilot comes back on the speaker to tell us there is a software upload that has to take place that will be another 45 minutes. NICE. So our flight took off a hour and a half late.
  • Emilee did pretty well on the plane. The hardest part for her was staying in one place so long.  We ended up being on the plane for over FIVE hours. So considering everything - she did pretty well. She did take another nap towards the end of the flight for about an hour but this only came after I had to hold her down kicking and screaming. It was great fun. I kept telling myself "never again" over and over.
This is in the airport


Look how sweet she is (when she was sleeping). Although she did kick and scream a lot of the trip I sure did enjoy those few minutes of nap time that I got to hold her.... something I don't get much of lately. She's always on the go.



Once we made it to Sacramento and got our rental car.  Big mistake traveling on a holiday weekend. Lots of waiting time. We headed over to Panera Bread to have lunch with Lani, Heather and Steve. I was SO happy they had Dr. Pepper.


After lunch we headed to Alameda to see Darrell, Beth and Hayden.


Darrell and Beth live in a awesome place.  It's walking distance to SO much.  We just walked over to eat dinner at a Mexican Food place.  We did have to change clothes into jeans and long sleeves first. Crazy. It was nice weather. So different from the Texas heat.

Emilee watching the ducks while we wait to eat.
(Her hair is growing and she looked so big in her little jacket)


Thanks to Hayden Emilee got to sleep in his bed. She stayed on her schedule which I was worried about but she went to bed at her normal bedtime. So she did great with that. Even went down for her naps at her normal time in their timezone. =)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We were going to fly with Cassie to CA also. AFter alot of thinking I decided against it....I am pretty sure it would be a nightmare. The different timezones would be crazy to deal with at this young age also. She would have been waking up at 4 in the morning CA time. No thanks!! Good for you on taking that trip with her!!

Unknown said...

Oh Melissa... the plane ride was HORRIBLE! She did really well with the time change. I was surprised. I thought that she would be getting up at 4 (6 our time) but she didn't. she got up at 6:30 CA time. Surprisingly she did really well with the time change. Even after we got back. Although the morning after we got back she didn't get up until 8:00 our time.