Recent Quick Pictures

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

9 months old (plus 4 days)

Last Thursday (the 15th)!  I know, I'm slacking!  I just can't seem to catch up on being so tired. It has nothing to do with Emilee...  she's a great napper and sleeper. =) It's just me I guess. Since it's been a while I thought that I would puts some things that she has been doing and post a few (recent) pictures.

Emilee wants to just stand up any time now. Last Thursday she decided to celebrate a month birthday by standing up unassisted at Granny's house with a toy in each hand. This was witnessed by Aunt Barbara and Uncle Matt.  Sad that I missed it.  She also started pointing recently.  She will point and grunt towards the dogs, people when they first walk in the room or the door to go outside.  She has also started shaking her head 'no' here recently.  Not really because she's saying 'no' yet, but just to shake it. She stands up holding on and then lets go and stands for a few seconds before plopping down on her padded booty...  it's only a matter of time before she's standing on her own. *sniffles*  She has also learned that when she drops food the puppies run to eat it and she laughs!  Not good. She will drop her sippy cup, look down towards it and then grunt and point for someone to pick it up.   She very rarely eats baby food.  Recently she has decided that if the food is on a fork or in a spoon she doesn't want it ( I think that she thinks it's baby food).  She loves chopped up ham, chicken, green bean, pinto beans, fruit...  anything she can feed to herself. She actually does really well considering she has an 'oral cavity deformation'.  HA - big words for it.  Granny calls it a "cute little hole". =)  Most of the time she takes good naps and sleeps VERY well at night from about 8 pm to 5:30 am consistantly. A lot of times if she doesn't fall asleep drinking her bottle she will go down awake and talk/jabber herself to sleep. It's cute to listen to.  She is such a happy baby and has yet to meet a stranger. (She even reach for the guy at verizon...  he wanted to sell her a phone.)





In this last one, the three droplett like objects on her chest...  drool!


Since she likes to play in the bath tub so much I have looking forward to getting her little pool out, but NO..  the weather had to get cool again. Hopefully soon!

2 comments:

tee said...

Our sweet baby girl is getting so big!I cant wait to see her standing.

Sonya said...

I love your blog as it is the only way I keep up with you and your family. She is so happy.