Since I'm still a little disappointed about Emilee's appointment at Texas Children's on Monday, I decided that I wanted her to see an ENT for an airway evaluation. I've been talking to another mom of a PRS baby who is awesome. She gave me a bunch of habermann bottles and a bunch of formula. I'm so grateful for her. But we have been talking and she is giving me names of the doctor's that her son has been seeing for about a year and a half. So poor Miss Emilee may have a lot of appointments coming up. Not a ton, but a few. She has an appointment with the ENT down in the Medical Center on Monday, 9.28.09 and then ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) is suppose to be calling me to set up an appointment. They are basically therapist that come out to the house and do an initial evaluation and determine how she is doing as far as development. And then they will come out once a month and she'll have therapy. I think that it's a little physical therapy and speech therapy. There may be something else, but I'm not sure, we'll know soon. She automatically qualifies for the program because she has been diagnosed with PRS. So that's going to be going on. I am also working on getting an appointment with the Genetics Doc's that will look extensively into her genetics and she'll have some more blood work done to see if she has any other medical problems that can sometimes go along with the PRS. So keep us in mind.
Other than, she is growing like a weed. I weighed her tonight before she got her pj's on and she is up to 10 lbs 5.0 oz. She's doing really well on her intake amount. Much better than she has been. That was something else that was confirmed at her appointment last Monday, when we talked to the speech therapist, was that the whole time that we had been home we were using the bottle a little on the wrong side. We are working on re-training ourselves and she seems to eat faster the new way.
10 Weeks Old!
No comments:
Post a Comment